Sedgewick + Ferweda Architects was founded in 1958 by Thomas Sedgewick Sr. as Sedgewick & Associates. We became Sedgewick and Sellers soon after that, and Waterstreet Design in 1976. In 2001, our current principal, Jeffrey Ferweda, became a partner in Thomas Sedgewick’s design firm and it was renamed Sedgewick & Ferweda Architects.
This year, our 60th anniversary as a Flint-based architecture firm, we decided it was time to rebrand ourselves. Not only are we updating the look of the firm with a new logo and marketing material, we are focusing our efforts in the office to be as efficient as possible. We have learned countless things over these past 60 years and plan to keep growing and learning. We have been organizing and eliminating waste in an effort to modernize and become more efficient and sustainable as a firm; we take on this same sustainable language in our designs.
As architects, our firm is prepared to take on the challenges of this ever-changing world. We are looking to the future of design with bright eyes and passion to continue to give the best to our clients, both new and old, over the next 60 years
Pictures through the years: Monroe Tourist Information Center 1963, University of Michigan Flint Theater 1971, Atwood Stadium Locker Room 1978, Solar Residence 1980